ADDS are supporting Crisis to #EndHomelessness
The festive season is approaching, and for many people it’s a time to take a break from working life, spend quality time with family and friends, share gifts and enjoy plenty of food. However, for many homeless people, the Christmas period will be spent alone.
ADDS supports Crisis charity each year because they give homeless people opportunities, and not just at Christmas, but all-year-round. This year, to mark the 12 Days of Christmas, ADDS has reserved 12 places at Crisis.
Each place will provide the following things at Christmas time:
- A warm welcome and good company
- Three nutritious, hot meals daily, including a delicious Christmas dinner
- A bed for the night, if needed
- A chance to shower, freshen up and get clean clothes
Each place will also provide the following things to help long-term:
- A health check and treatment from a doctor, optician and dentist
- Expert help with mental health and addiction problems
- Advice on housing, employment and benefits
- A way out of homelessness for good through Crisis’ year-round training, education and support.
In 21st century Britain, everybody should have a place to live. If you would also like to reserve a place for a homeless person this Christmas and help them take their first step away from homelessness, please click here to visit Crisis’ website.
You can also help by sharing this link about the ‘Reserve a Place Appeal’ on social media with the hashtag #EndHomelessness : https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/reserve-a-place-at-crisis-at-christmas/